07 April 2007

Pairs 2 and 3!



These are Jaywalkers, in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Lucky Stripe. I finished these Thursday night. They're a bit hard to put on, but once they're on they're quite comfortable. I do sort of wish I had done more ribbing at the top though--they can be a bit slouchy.




These are the Ruffle Rib baby socks from the Better Than Booties PDF from IK, finished yesterday afternoon. The yarn is Trekking XXL in color...116 I think? I made a Branching Out scarf from it, now these socks, and I still have a bunch of the ball left...though not enough to make myself a pair of socks. I'll probably use it as a color in the Helix socks from the '07 Knitting Pattern a Day calendar at some point. Anyway, I seriously love the zigzag toe bind-off on these, and am tempted to use it on my next pair of socks for myself--though probably I will not be able to wear them under shoes. Maybe under Crocs. (Has anyone had their doctor tell them to wear Crocs? My chiropractor said yesterday they have the perfect amount of arch support for me. I like them because they're gentle on my socks.)

No comments: