31 March 2008

Almost done - Pairs 48-51

Pair 48




Pattern: Mingus Sock by Cookie A.
Yarn: Ocean Wind Knits
Needles: 3.25 and 3.0 mm

Pair 49




Pattern: A variation on Mingus Sock by Cookie A. I'm calling them Dufus Minsug Socks.

Yarn: Ocean Wind Knits Needles: 3.25 and 3.0 mm
I actually knit this pair before knitting the real Mingus socks. Dufus Minsug socks are what you get when you don’t bother reading the Mingus pattern’s instructions and just jump right in to the charted stitch pattern. I like them in an off-kilter kind of way, but decided to go ahead and knit another another pair of real Mingus socks (see the real Mingus socks above)


I wasn't going to count the next two pairs as I have other pairs in progress that are much more interesting. But events have conspired against me today and I'll be unable to get the others done. In the interest of getting a complete set of 52 pairs posted, here they are...

Pair 50

Pattern: generic baby socks
Yarn: Koigu KPM & KPPPM

Pair 51

Pattern: Inside Out by Kaci Kyler Hays (modified)
Yarn: Zen String Bambewe fingering (colorway: Sequoia)
Needles: 1.75mm
The cable patterns on the legs of these socks don't match. I'd done the original one following the Inside Out pattern. When I found that it wasn't stretchy enough to fit over my incredibly high instep and heel I used a different cable for the leg of sock two. So, although they look like a pair, they don't quite match. Some day (but not tonight) I'll re-knit the leg of sock one.

Pair 52
Still on the needles. Cuff down. Almost to the toe of sock two :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great socks. Nothing like picking the complicated patterns for your challenge.

Going to do this again in 2008?