18 August 2007

Progress of the tortoise . . .


After posting the multiple sock pix, and stash enhancement last time, I realized that I omitted a pair of my "Virginia road socks". I've already given these as a gift, to my friend, Lois. They are Plymouth Sockotta on US 2's, in the Bits of Lace pattern.
I also donated the Jaywalkers, Embossed Leaves, and a recent pair, Garter Rib socks to the Barn Dance and Auction for Prophetstown State Park. One of my good friends, Nola, is on the board, and she coaxed me to participate. Last year, I gave some quilted coasters, and was stunned to learn they brought about $50 at auction. The Garter Rib socks are to the right, made with a variegated Lion Brand Wool-Ease sport weight on US 3's.

To get closer to the target number of pairs, I worked up a quick pair of Dorm Socks on US 8's with Bernat Softee Chunky. I made one of these in a day, starting them on my lunch hour, going back to work for 4 hours, and completing them that evening. The second one didn't go nearly as quickly. This yarn is one that defies trying to make a "matching" pair. But, I don't think it matters, since they are built for comfort, not for speed . . . just like me!
Have three additional socks in various stages of completion on deck for the next post. I think I hear my recliner calling me, so perhaps I can finish the second of the pair farthest along.
We're past the one-third mark, steaming toward six months under our belts. Hope everyone is staying inspired!











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hiya and welcome 52pairplunge.blogspot.com owner found your website via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com