04 August 2007

Lagging behind






Yes, only 4 completed pairs, and I'm lagging behind, but I have high hopes! It's not really as bad as it looks. When I signed up for this in April I had been in a long period of not knitting socks. I had been focusing on sweaters and other projects. I thought this would be just the push I needed to get back into sock knitting....and it was! The only thing I had forgotten about is my tendency to catch the dreaded "Second Sock Syndrome" disease, which I have done! In addition to these four pairs I completed in July I have at least 8 or 9 single socks, and another 2 pairs on the needles. So, my goal for August is to finish the pair I am making for a friend, then to take 2 aspirin, grit my teeth and go back to making the second socks to my singles. Then I'll have a whole new batch of completed pairs!
From the top, red & yellow Hogwart Sock Swap knit in Cookies & Cream pattern with Manos De Uruguay cotton yarn; red Embossed Leaves pattern in Lisa Souza Sock yarn for my Sockapalooza 4 pal; multicolor Hogwart pattern in Paton's sport weight; orange dreamsicle cable pattern in Cascade 220 superwash for Death by Socks swap.
I decided to get a pair of sock blockers when I took the picture of the Embossed Leaves socks. They are such pretty socks, but they don't photograph well at all unless they're stretched & blocked. Can you see the mistake in the socks? They're cuff down socks and I knit 12 rounds of ribbing on one and 18 on the other, and I didn't realize it until I was completely done with them. UGH!!! But, I had to get them in the mail, and they had a spiffy picot cast on at the top and I couldn't just fix them, so I sent them on as they are. I'm hoping that maybe my Sockapalooza partner has one leg shorter than the other!!

No comments: