07 May 2007

On target!

This pair of Fancy Chevron Lace Socks (pattern by Judy Sumner) came off the US 6 needles about 9:45PM on Saturday night. I used some Wool-Ease sport weight yarn which I bought last week in Paducah, Kentucky. They are nice and soft. Of course, now that I've got the picture up, I see that the bruise on my leg came out in living color, too. It was the result of a close encounte with a coffee table corner . . . Can't win them all!

Was cruising the internet, trying to hunt down a bargain copy of Vogue On The Go Socks One. Amazon listed three copies, with a low price of $74.00. E-bay sold two copies, one for $51.00 and the other (with some other titles) for $74.00, so I decided this title would not join my library. BUT . . . on a whim, I googled the title, and found a copy at a knit shop on clearance for $6.42 plus shipping. Naturally, I pounced on that one! I have a few other titles on order, too, and I'm just on pins and needles waiting for them to arrive. Those include "Socks, Socks, Socks" from Knitter's magazine, The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook, Vogue on the Go Socks Two, and Nancy Bush's "Knitting on the Road". Picked up the Bush "Vintage" book in Champaign, Illinois. If my "socks-some assembly required" basket were larger, I think I could sign up for the 208 pair plunge, and never knit the same pair twice. But, alas, I must acquire more yarn. I know that all of you in the KAL sympathize with this "problem".

2 comments:

Angie said...

Hi, I love the colour of these socks. I knitted this pattern about a year ago in some lilac worsted weight mohair/ cotton yarn. I use them when I go to the allotment - a bit of glamour when I'm digging.

Elysbeth said...

That really is a terrible *problem*. Of course, I don't see any of us rushing off for treatment either : )

Great socks.