13 April 2007

Marble Arches: Week Three's Pair Finished

I have another FO! I finished my Marble Arches socks today. These were started back in the fall when I got the kit from the Rockin Sock club. They are made from the Pink Granite colorway in Socks that Rock yarn. This yarn is so soft and cushy, it's like knitting with silk. I was past the heel on sock one when I decided that the top of the sock was just too ruffled for my foot. I ripped out the sock in February and reknitted it with about 1/3 less stitches at the top, and just finished sock two. I had to postpone knitting the second sock to work on the Sock Madness socks.

The socks are really warm and very different. The wide rib pattern was not hard at all, and I'm sure that I'll use it again. I can't figure out why the striping pattern on each sock is different. I used the same needles, the same ball of yarn, and the same number of stitches. The sock on the right was knit first, so maybe my gauge was a little tighter on that one. I did make a boo boo and forget to knit the band heel on the second sock. It's not too noticeable and both socks fit fine so I will keep it like it is. I do plan to use the band heel again. I like it a lot, and there are no gusset decreases.

No comments: